Moderate earthquake jolts southern China
Beijing: A moderate earthquake on Friday jolted two provinces in southern China, but no causalities were reported.
A 4.8-magnitude quake jolted Heyuan city in southern Guangdong Province at 11.34 AM (local time) today, according to the China Earthquake Networks Centre.
The epicentre, was detected at a depth of 11 km, the centre said, according to the state-run Xinhua news agency.
No reports of casualties and damage were received so far.
Also a 4.2-magnitude earthquake jolted the China-Myanmar border area of Yongsheng County and Ninglang Yi Autonomous County of Lijiang City in southwest China`s Yunnan Province at 5.43 AM (local time) today, according to the China Earthquake Networks Center.
The epicentre, was monitored at a depth of 14 km, the centre said.
The quake was strongly felt in Yongsheng, and it damaged some houses, according to the provincial department of civil affairs.
The local government has sent work groups to the affected areas to check for casualties and damage, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city