Moderate earthquake jolts southern China
Beijing: A moderate earthquake on Friday jolted two provinces in southern China, but no causalities were reported.
A 4.8-magnitude quake jolted Heyuan city in southern Guangdong Province at 11.34 AM (local time) today, according to the China Earthquake Networks Centre.
The epicentre, was detected at a depth of 11 km, the centre said, according to the state-run Xinhua news agency.
No reports of casualties and damage were received so far.
Also a 4.2-magnitude earthquake jolted the China-Myanmar border area of Yongsheng County and Ninglang Yi Autonomous County of Lijiang City in southwest China`s Yunnan Province at 5.43 AM (local time) today, according to the China Earthquake Networks Center.
The epicentre, was monitored at a depth of 14 km, the centre said.
The quake was strongly felt in Yongsheng, and it damaged some houses, according to the provincial department of civil affairs.
The local government has sent work groups to the affected areas to check for casualties and damage, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?