Moderate earthquake recorded west of Dallas
Dallas: The US Geological Survey says a minor earthquake measuring a preliminary 3.4 magnitude has rattled an area west of Dallas, Texas.
The survey`s earthquake center in Golden, Colorado, says the quake lasting several seconds began at 11:05 pm CDT yesterday and was centered about 3.2 kilometers north of Irving in Texas.
Geophysicist Randy Baldwin at the Colorado center told The Associated Press that the quake was just strong enough to likely have been felt for about 32 kilometers around the epicenter.
He says the quake`s online reporting system received no reports of any damages or injuries but there were some 1,200 responses from people who felt the quake.
Baldwin says smaller aftershocks are a possibility in that area in coming hours or days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter