Moderate earthquake recorded west of Dallas
Dallas: The US Geological Survey says a minor earthquake measuring a preliminary 3.4 magnitude has rattled an area west of Dallas, Texas.
The survey`s earthquake center in Golden, Colorado, says the quake lasting several seconds began at 11:05 pm CDT yesterday and was centered about 3.2 kilometers north of Irving in Texas.
Geophysicist Randy Baldwin at the Colorado center told The Associated Press that the quake was just strong enough to likely have been felt for about 32 kilometers around the epicenter.
He says the quake`s online reporting system received no reports of any damages or injuries but there were some 1,200 responses from people who felt the quake.
Baldwin says smaller aftershocks are a possibility in that area in coming hours or days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan