Moderate earthquake recorded west of Dallas
Dallas: The US Geological Survey says a minor earthquake measuring a preliminary 3.4 magnitude has rattled an area west of Dallas, Texas.
The survey`s earthquake center in Golden, Colorado, says the quake lasting several seconds began at 11:05 pm CDT yesterday and was centered about 3.2 kilometers north of Irving in Texas.
Geophysicist Randy Baldwin at the Colorado center told The Associated Press that the quake was just strong enough to likely have been felt for about 32 kilometers around the epicenter.
He says the quake`s online reporting system received no reports of any damages or injuries but there were some 1,200 responses from people who felt the quake.
Baldwin says smaller aftershocks are a possibility in that area in coming hours or days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH