Moderate quake jolts China`s Xinjiang
Beijing: A moderate 5.5-magnitude earthquake jolted northwest China`s Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region today, seismologists said.
The quake struck Ruoqiang County in the Mongolian Autonomous Prefecture of Bayingolin at 1:33 pm (local time), the China Earthquake Networks Center (CENC) reported.
The epicentre, with a depth of 8 km, was at 40.4 degrees north latitude and 90.5 degrees east longitude, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted CENC as saying.
Any casualties and damage, if any, have not been reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate