Moderate quake jolts China`s Xinjiang
Beijing: A moderate 5.5-magnitude earthquake jolted northwest China`s Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region today, seismologists said.
The quake struck Ruoqiang County in the Mongolian Autonomous Prefecture of Bayingolin at 1:33 pm (local time), the China Earthquake Networks Center (CENC) reported.
The epicentre, with a depth of 8 km, was at 40.4 degrees north latitude and 90.5 degrees east longitude, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted CENC as saying.
Any casualties and damage, if any, have not been reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY