Moderate quake jolts China`s Xinjiang
Beijing: A moderate 5.5-magnitude earthquake jolted northwest China`s Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region today, seismologists said.
The quake struck Ruoqiang County in the Mongolian Autonomous Prefecture of Bayingolin at 1:33 pm (local time), the China Earthquake Networks Center (CENC) reported.
The epicentre, with a depth of 8 km, was at 40.4 degrees north latitude and 90.5 degrees east longitude, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted CENC as saying.
Any casualties and damage, if any, have not been reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan