Moderate quake jolts China`s Xinjiang
Beijing: A moderate 5.5-magnitude earthquake jolted northwest China`s Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region today, seismologists said.
The quake struck Ruoqiang County in the Mongolian Autonomous Prefecture of Bayingolin at 1:33 pm (local time), the China Earthquake Networks Center (CENC) reported.
The epicentre, with a depth of 8 km, was at 40.4 degrees north latitude and 90.5 degrees east longitude, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted CENC as saying.
Any casualties and damage, if any, have not been reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000