Moderate quake jolts northwest China
Beijing: A moderate 5.1-magnitude quake on Tuesday jolted parts of northwest China`s Qinghai Province close to Tibet but no casualities were reported.
The epicentre of the quake, with a depth of 10 km, was felt in Haixi Mongolian and Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, China Earthquake Networks Centre said.
Li Yuejin, deputy director of the Qinghai Provincial Seismological Bureau, told state-run Xinhua news agency that the quake took place in a scarcely populated region, 85 km away from the nearest township.
Another minor tremor measured at 4.2-magnitude also struck Qinghai, this morning.
The epicentre, again with a depth of 10 km, was in the Yushu Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture in the south of the province, according to the centre.
No casualty has been reported so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon