Moderate quake jolts northwest China
Beijing: A moderate 5.1-magnitude quake on Tuesday jolted parts of northwest China`s Qinghai Province close to Tibet but no casualities were reported.
The epicentre of the quake, with a depth of 10 km, was felt in Haixi Mongolian and Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, China Earthquake Networks Centre said.
Li Yuejin, deputy director of the Qinghai Provincial Seismological Bureau, told state-run Xinhua news agency that the quake took place in a scarcely populated region, 85 km away from the nearest township.
Another minor tremor measured at 4.2-magnitude also struck Qinghai, this morning.
The epicentre, again with a depth of 10 km, was in the Yushu Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture in the south of the province, according to the centre.
No casualty has been reported so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof