Moderate quake jolts northwest China
Beijing: A moderate 5.1-magnitude quake on Tuesday jolted parts of northwest China`s Qinghai Province close to Tibet but no casualities were reported.
The epicentre of the quake, with a depth of 10 km, was felt in Haixi Mongolian and Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, China Earthquake Networks Centre said.
Li Yuejin, deputy director of the Qinghai Provincial Seismological Bureau, told state-run Xinhua news agency that the quake took place in a scarcely populated region, 85 km away from the nearest township.
Another minor tremor measured at 4.2-magnitude also struck Qinghai, this morning.
The epicentre, again with a depth of 10 km, was in the Yushu Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture in the south of the province, according to the centre.
No casualty has been reported so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II