Moderate quake jolts northwest China
Beijing: A moderate 5.1-magnitude quake on Tuesday jolted parts of northwest China`s Qinghai Province close to Tibet but no casualities were reported.
The epicentre of the quake, with a depth of 10 km, was felt in Haixi Mongolian and Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, China Earthquake Networks Centre said.
Li Yuejin, deputy director of the Qinghai Provincial Seismological Bureau, told state-run Xinhua news agency that the quake took place in a scarcely populated region, 85 km away from the nearest township.
Another minor tremor measured at 4.2-magnitude also struck Qinghai, this morning.
The epicentre, again with a depth of 10 km, was in the Yushu Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture in the south of the province, according to the centre.
No casualty has been reported so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi