Moderate quake rattles Trinidad & Tobago
Port-Of-Spain (Trinidad): A moderate earthquake has rattled Trinidad & Tobago, causing some alarm but no reported damage or injuries.
The US Geological Survey says the magnitude-4.8 quake struck early yesterday and was centered some 81 kilometers northeast of Roxborough, an eastern town on the tourism-dependent island of Tobago. It was also felt on the Caribbean country of Barbados.
Its epicenter was about 46 kilometers below the surface.
In Tobago, police said they received calls from some jittery residents who lingered outside after the quake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog