Moderate quake srikes off Japan: USGS
Tokyo: A moderate 5.8-magnitude earthquake
struck off the east coast of the Japanese island of Honshu
Saturday, seismologists said, but there were no immediate
reports of casualties or damage.
The tremor hit at 1246 GMT with an epicentre 71
kilometres north north-east of Iwaki, Honshu at a depth of 73
kilometres, the US Geological Survey said.
There was no immediate tsunami alert.
Around 20 per cent of the world`s most powerful
earthquakes strike Japan, which lies near the junction of two
Geologists warn that Japan is overdue for a massive and
potentially devastating earthquake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre