Moderate quake srikes off Japan: USGS
Tokyo: A moderate 5.8-magnitude earthquake
struck off the east coast of the Japanese island of Honshu
Saturday, seismologists said, but there were no immediate
reports of casualties or damage.
The tremor hit at 1246 GMT with an epicentre 71
kilometres north north-east of Iwaki, Honshu at a depth of 73
kilometres, the US Geological Survey said.
There was no immediate tsunami alert.
Around 20 per cent of the world`s most powerful
earthquakes strike Japan, which lies near the junction of two
Geologists warn that Japan is overdue for a massive and
potentially devastating earthquake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman