Moderate quake strikes off Taiwan
Taipei: A moderate 5.3-magnitude earthquake hit off the east coast of Taiwan today, the island`s Seismology Centre said, but there were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
The quake struck 115 kilometres east of Hualien city at 1341 GMT, at a depth of 16 kilometres.
A strong 6.2-magnitude quake struck the island on June 3 leaving two dead and 21 injured, and was also felt in Hong Kong, more than 700 kilometres away.
Taiwan lies near the junction of two tectonic plates and is regularly hit by earthquakes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!