Moderate quake strikes off Taiwan
Taipei: A moderate 5.3-magnitude earthquake hit off the east coast of Taiwan today, the island`s Seismology Centre said, but there were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
The quake struck 115 kilometres east of Hualien city at 1341 GMT, at a depth of 16 kilometres.
A strong 6.2-magnitude quake struck the island on June 3 leaving two dead and 21 injured, and was also felt in Hong Kong, more than 700 kilometres away.
Taiwan lies near the junction of two tectonic plates and is regularly hit by earthquakes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you