Moderate quake strikes off Taiwan
Taipei: A moderate 5.3-magnitude earthquake hit off the east coast of Taiwan today, the island`s Seismology Centre said, but there were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
The quake struck 115 kilometres east of Hualien city at 1341 GMT, at a depth of 16 kilometres.
A strong 6.2-magnitude quake struck the island on June 3 leaving two dead and 21 injured, and was also felt in Hong Kong, more than 700 kilometres away.
Taiwan lies near the junction of two tectonic plates and is regularly hit by earthquakes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress