Moderate quake strikes off Taiwan
Taipei: A moderate 5.3-magnitude earthquake hit off the east coast of Taiwan today, the island`s Seismology Centre said, but there were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
The quake struck 115 kilometres east of Hualien city at 1341 GMT, at a depth of 16 kilometres.
A strong 6.2-magnitude quake struck the island on June 3 leaving two dead and 21 injured, and was also felt in Hong Kong, more than 700 kilometres away.
Taiwan lies near the junction of two tectonic plates and is regularly hit by earthquakes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan