Moderate quake strikes off Taiwan
Taipei: A moderate 5.3-magnitude earthquake hit off the east coast of Taiwan today, the island`s Seismology Centre said, but there were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
The quake struck 115 kilometres east of Hualien city at 1341 GMT, at a depth of 16 kilometres.
A strong 6.2-magnitude quake struck the island on June 3 leaving two dead and 21 injured, and was also felt in Hong Kong, more than 700 kilometres away.
Taiwan lies near the junction of two tectonic plates and is regularly hit by earthquakes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog