Moderator of Maldivian all-party talks resigns
Male: The moderator of the all-party talks convened by Maldivian President Mohamed Waheed as a means to resolve political turmoil in the nation has resigned.
Ahmed Mujuthaba`s resignation came after the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) of ousted President Mohammed Nasheed yesterday passed a resolution, saying the party is temporarily withdrawing from the talks.
Mujuthaba said if any party involved in the process withdraws then there is no need for the all-party talks now been converted to leaders` dialogue.
They can continue the talks in the Parliament, he added.
The leaders dialogue held its first meeting at August 30 with the participation of President Mohamed Waheed.
In a statement, the MDP said that it has decided in its National Executive Council meeting to stop participating in the talks for the time being. But the statement did not give the reasons behind the decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?