Moderator of Maldivian all-party talks resigns
Male: The moderator of the all-party talks convened by Maldivian President Mohamed Waheed as a means to resolve political turmoil in the nation has resigned.
Ahmed Mujuthaba`s resignation came after the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) of ousted President Mohammed Nasheed yesterday passed a resolution, saying the party is temporarily withdrawing from the talks.
Mujuthaba said if any party involved in the process withdraws then there is no need for the all-party talks now been converted to leaders` dialogue.
They can continue the talks in the Parliament, he added.
The leaders dialogue held its first meeting at August 30 with the participation of President Mohamed Waheed.
In a statement, the MDP said that it has decided in its National Executive Council meeting to stop participating in the talks for the time being. But the statement did not give the reasons behind the decision.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference