Mogadishu attacks kill 34 civilians: Official
Nairobi: A nine-man suicide commando blasted its way into Mogadishu`s main court complex Sunday, some blowing up their explosives vests while others sprayed gunfire on civilians in a rampage that left 29 dead, while five more civilians died in a separate bomb attack.
"The African Union force, the Somalia National Army and local police have cleared the building. The latest figures indicate that there are 29 killed civilians, 9 dead Shebab militants and 58 people injured," a security officer told AFP on condition of anonymity.
Meanwhile, five more people were killed when a remote-detonated car bomb near the airport struck a convoy carrying Turkish aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!