Mogadishu attacks kill 34 civilians: Official
Nairobi: A nine-man suicide commando blasted its way into Mogadishu`s main court complex Sunday, some blowing up their explosives vests while others sprayed gunfire on civilians in a rampage that left 29 dead, while five more civilians died in a separate bomb attack.
"The African Union force, the Somalia National Army and local police have cleared the building. The latest figures indicate that there are 29 killed civilians, 9 dead Shebab militants and 58 people injured," a security officer told AFP on condition of anonymity.
Meanwhile, five more people were killed when a remote-detonated car bomb near the airport struck a convoy carrying Turkish aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Delhi Assembly ratifies "big reform" GST Bill
- Proud to be an Indian! This is how India inspires the world - WATCH this amazing ice dance video
- Deepika Padukone finds spot in world's highest paid actresses list
- Leak of documents relating to Scorpene submarines serious matter: DCNS
- Akshay Kumar cheers for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'