Mogadishu attacks kill 34 civilians: Official
Nairobi: A nine-man suicide commando blasted its way into Mogadishu`s main court complex Sunday, some blowing up their explosives vests while others sprayed gunfire on civilians in a rampage that left 29 dead, while five more civilians died in a separate bomb attack.
"The African Union force, the Somalia National Army and local police have cleared the building. The latest figures indicate that there are 29 killed civilians, 9 dead Shebab militants and 58 people injured," a security officer told AFP on condition of anonymity.
Meanwhile, five more people were killed when a remote-detonated car bomb near the airport struck a convoy carrying Turkish aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read