Mogadishu attacks kill 34 civilians: Official
Nairobi: A nine-man suicide commando blasted its way into Mogadishu`s main court complex Sunday, some blowing up their explosives vests while others sprayed gunfire on civilians in a rampage that left 29 dead, while five more civilians died in a separate bomb attack.
"The African Union force, the Somalia National Army and local police have cleared the building. The latest figures indicate that there are 29 killed civilians, 9 dead Shebab militants and 58 people injured," a security officer told AFP on condition of anonymity.
Meanwhile, five more people were killed when a remote-detonated car bomb near the airport struck a convoy carrying Turkish aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love