Mom, daughter once stuck in Brazil return to US
Boston: A US woman who`d been stranded in Brazil during a custody dispute over her six-year-old daughter has said they`re back in Massachusetts.
Shauna Hadden of Agawam posted, "We are home!!!" on Facebook on Friday night and confirmed their arrival to a news agency.
Hadden says she and her daughter, Ava, went to Brazil in May so the girl could reconnect with her father, Donziete Machado. But after they arrived, Hadden says she was warned Machado planned to keep Ava.
Machado asked Brazilian police in early June to seize their passports because Hadden wouldn`t let him visit Ava.
A judge this week decided to return the passports.
Machado`s lawyer says he believes his ex-wife and daughter`s return to the US is the start of a process that will give him visitation rights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday