Monaco royals may sue French magazine over rumours
London: Monaco`s ruler Prince Albert and his wife are planning to sue a French magazine which allegedly spread "false" rumours of break-up between the couple ahead of their wedding, the head of the country`s government has said.
French magazine L`Express had reported on its website that Charlene Wittstock, now Princess Charlene, tried to leave the principality for her home country South Africa in a huff just days before the royal wedding in early July.
But, Michel Roger, whose official title is Minister of State, said: "It is very distressing. They are all false."
In fact, "she left for Greece accompanied by a Monegasque delegation" for the Special Olympics, a competition for the intellectually disabled that opened in Athens on June 25, `The Daily Telegraph` quoted Roger as saying.
And, as for allegations that Prince Albert II fathered a third child out of wedlock while engaged to be married, the minister said: "We have proof that this is false".
Roger said that the couple intended to sue the French magazine as it "gave credibility to these unfounded rumours by publishing them".
Prince Albert has, however, fathered two illegitimate children -- six-year-old Alexandre, son of former Air France hostess Nicole Coste, from Togo, and Jazmin, 19, the daughter of American estate agent Tamara Rotola.
In both cases, DNA tests were needed before Prince Albert admitted he was the father, and agreed to pay for their upbringings.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive