Monarch, PM meet over future of Dutch govt
The Hague: Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende met Queen Beatrix on Monday for consulations after the collapse of his government over the Netherlands`s role in Afghanistan, a government spokesman said.
Balkenende arrived at the head of state`s working palace in The Hague around 9:30 am, spokesman Frady van Hapert told a news agency.
Ninety minutes have been set aside for the talks, after which Queen Beatrix will meet the leaders of the two Dutch houses of parliament, political party chiefs and advisers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'