Monarch, PM meet over future of Dutch govt
The Hague: Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende met Queen Beatrix on Monday for consulations after the collapse of his government over the Netherlands`s role in Afghanistan, a government spokesman said.
Balkenende arrived at the head of state`s working palace in The Hague around 9:30 am, spokesman Frady van Hapert told a news agency.
Ninety minutes have been set aside for the talks, after which Queen Beatrix will meet the leaders of the two Dutch houses of parliament, political party chiefs and advisers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees