Monkey kills newborn baby in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: A newborn baby girl was
killed in Malaysia by a monkey who snatched her from house, bit
her face and neck and later dropped the child from a rooftop.
The incident happened yesterday, when the four-day-old
baby was sleeping in the living room of her house at in
Seremban, the Star newspaper reported.
Monkey entered the living room, snatched the child and
fled up the roof of the house.
The baby was discovered later outside the house with
her face and neck badly bitten. She was rushed to hospital
here where she was pronounced dead.
Child`s grandfather A Valayutham, 70, was with the
newborn but had gone to get a glass of water when the tragedy
"We frantically searched all over the house and saw
her body covered in blood lying outside the house," he said.
Valayutham said that he had noticed a few monkeys
outside the house compound at that time.
"We suspect the macaque was rummaging for food inside
the house. It could have taken the baby to the roof thinking
the newborn was food, he added.
"The baby died when it fell to the ground. The monkey
had apparently released the newborn, probably because it was
alarmed by the parents` shouts," Negri Sembilan Wildlife and
National Parks director Ishak Muhamad said.
The area where the family stayed was sandwiched between two.
Later, the macaque was shot dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion