Monkey kills newborn baby in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: A newborn baby girl was
killed in Malaysia by a monkey who snatched her from house, bit
her face and neck and later dropped the child from a rooftop.
The incident happened yesterday, when the four-day-old
baby was sleeping in the living room of her house at in
Seremban, the Star newspaper reported.
Monkey entered the living room, snatched the child and
fled up the roof of the house.
The baby was discovered later outside the house with
her face and neck badly bitten. She was rushed to hospital
here where she was pronounced dead.
Child`s grandfather A Valayutham, 70, was with the
newborn but had gone to get a glass of water when the tragedy
"We frantically searched all over the house and saw
her body covered in blood lying outside the house," he said.
Valayutham said that he had noticed a few monkeys
outside the house compound at that time.
"We suspect the macaque was rummaging for food inside
the house. It could have taken the baby to the roof thinking
the newborn was food, he added.
"The baby died when it fell to the ground. The monkey
had apparently released the newborn, probably because it was
alarmed by the parents` shouts," Negri Sembilan Wildlife and
National Parks director Ishak Muhamad said.
The area where the family stayed was sandwiched between two.
Later, the macaque was shot dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi