MontePaschi spokesman falls to his death
Milan: The spokesman of embattled Italian bank Monte dei Paschi di Siena has fallen to his death after investigators searched his home and office in connection with a probe.
David Rossi, 51, died yesterday evening after falling from the third floor of the bank`s headquarters. He was not under investigation himself, but his home and office were searched last month in the probe into the bank`s purchase of Antonveneta bank in 2007 and losses in derivative transactions.
The bank called Rossi`s death "a terrible tragedy" in a note posted on its Facebook page on Thursday.
Rossi became head of the bank`s communications office in 2006, following former chairman Giuseppe Mussari from the Monte dei Paschi di Siena foundation, the bank`s largest shareholder. Mussari is under investigation for market manipulation and misleading regulators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali