More bodies to be retrieved from Nairobi mall
Nairobi: Investigators in Kenya said they were expecting to retrieve more bodies from the Westgate shopping mall which was stormed by terrorists Sep 21 leaving over 60 people dead and dozens injured.
Security officials on Wednesday said there were still more bodies trapped in the rubble, Xinhua reported.
"We retrieved a gun and two bodies of the Kenya Defence Forces soldiers Tuesday who were killed during the four-day siege. Search is still under way and some bodies are still in the site," an official told Xinhua requesting anonymity.
"The retrieval of more bodies still trapped in the site have been hampered by the amount of debris. This task will take us longer," he added.
"One of the bodies was severely burnt but the boots and lower part of the body were found intact," the official said.
According to the Kenya Red Cross Society, the number of missing people reported after the attack has reduced to 39.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand