More bodies to be retrieved from Nairobi mall
Nairobi: Investigators in Kenya said they were expecting to retrieve more bodies from the Westgate shopping mall which was stormed by terrorists Sep 21 leaving over 60 people dead and dozens injured.
Security officials on Wednesday said there were still more bodies trapped in the rubble, Xinhua reported.
"We retrieved a gun and two bodies of the Kenya Defence Forces soldiers Tuesday who were killed during the four-day siege. Search is still under way and some bodies are still in the site," an official told Xinhua requesting anonymity.
"The retrieval of more bodies still trapped in the site have been hampered by the amount of debris. This task will take us longer," he added.
"One of the bodies was severely burnt but the boots and lower part of the body were found intact," the official said.
According to the Kenya Red Cross Society, the number of missing people reported after the attack has reduced to 39.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested