More Israeli homes in east Jerusalem
Jerusalem: Israel has fast-tracked a project to build 942 settler homes in east Jerusalem as part of the plan to tighten its grip on the territory.
Palestinians are seeking to set up a capital in east Jerusalem and denounce any Israeli construction there.
Israel’s Interior Ministry said a government panel has advanced the project to the stage where bids are invited to build the houses.
Once a bid is awarded, construction can begin.
The homes are among some 5,000 new settler homes that Israel moved closer to construction in the past week.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu launched a settlement construction push to punish the Palestinians for winning recognition of a de facto state at the United Nations last month.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal