More Israeli homes in east Jerusalem
Jerusalem: Israel has fast-tracked a project to build 942 settler homes in east Jerusalem as part of the plan to tighten its grip on the territory.
Palestinians are seeking to set up a capital in east Jerusalem and denounce any Israeli construction there.
Israel’s Interior Ministry said a government panel has advanced the project to the stage where bids are invited to build the houses.
Once a bid is awarded, construction can begin.
The homes are among some 5,000 new settler homes that Israel moved closer to construction in the past week.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu launched a settlement construction push to punish the Palestinians for winning recognition of a de facto state at the United Nations last month.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'