More Israeli homes in east Jerusalem
Jerusalem: Israel has fast-tracked a project to build 942 settler homes in east Jerusalem as part of the plan to tighten its grip on the territory.
Palestinians are seeking to set up a capital in east Jerusalem and denounce any Israeli construction there.
Israel’s Interior Ministry said a government panel has advanced the project to the stage where bids are invited to build the houses.
Once a bid is awarded, construction can begin.
The homes are among some 5,000 new settler homes that Israel moved closer to construction in the past week.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu launched a settlement construction push to punish the Palestinians for winning recognition of a de facto state at the United Nations last month.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why