More Israeli homes in east Jerusalem
Jerusalem: Israel has fast-tracked a project to build 942 settler homes in east Jerusalem as part of the plan to tighten its grip on the territory.
Palestinians are seeking to set up a capital in east Jerusalem and denounce any Israeli construction there.
Israel’s Interior Ministry said a government panel has advanced the project to the stage where bids are invited to build the houses.
Once a bid is awarded, construction can begin.
The homes are among some 5,000 new settler homes that Israel moved closer to construction in the past week.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu launched a settlement construction push to punish the Palestinians for winning recognition of a de facto state at the United Nations last month.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read