More jihadi attacks in US expected, says ex-FBI agent
Washington: More attacks in the name of jihad against the United States are expected, a former US counterterrorism agent has claimed.
John Guandolo, who had worked with the FBI, said that the Boston Marathon bombings are a continuation of a Muslim jihad against America dating back before the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.
Guandolo posted a Web report pointing out that the Boston Marathon attack is not an aberration, but one in a string of foiled and executed assaults on American soil by self-described jihadists, the Washington Times reports.
He stressed that more attacks are to be expected even as the mainstream media and President Barack Obama say they are having trouble explaining why two Muslim brothers carried out the twin bombings in Boston.
Guandolo, who runs the website Understanding the Threat to America, said that the men did this because they are commanded to, adding `the global jihad is on.`
According to the paper, Guandolo also points to the Muslim Brotherhood as a main driver of jihadist thought.
He wrote in the US there exists a massive Jihadi support network led by the Muslim Brotherhood/Hamas, and used by jihadis raised here in America, or those who come in from overseas.
According to evidence in numerous federal terrorism trials, the largest Islamic organizations in America are fronts for jihad and controlled by the Brotherhood, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Brazilian striker Hulk to join Chinese club Shanghai SIPG in a record USD 60 million deal
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' to join forces with Salman Khan's 'Sultan'? - Know how
- Donald Trump is not speaking for broad base of the country: Barack Obama
- Attack on security forces in Valley a proxy war from across border: J&K govt
- Air pollution kills six million people every year: Study