More jihadi attacks in US expected, says ex-FBI agent
Washington: More attacks in the name of jihad against the United States are expected, a former US counterterrorism agent has claimed.
John Guandolo, who had worked with the FBI, said that the Boston Marathon bombings are a continuation of a Muslim jihad against America dating back before the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.
Guandolo posted a Web report pointing out that the Boston Marathon attack is not an aberration, but one in a string of foiled and executed assaults on American soil by self-described jihadists, the Washington Times reports.
He stressed that more attacks are to be expected even as the mainstream media and President Barack Obama say they are having trouble explaining why two Muslim brothers carried out the twin bombings in Boston.
Guandolo, who runs the website Understanding the Threat to America, said that the men did this because they are commanded to, adding `the global jihad is on.`
According to the paper, Guandolo also points to the Muslim Brotherhood as a main driver of jihadist thought.
He wrote in the US there exists a massive Jihadi support network led by the Muslim Brotherhood/Hamas, and used by jihadis raised here in America, or those who come in from overseas.
According to evidence in numerous federal terrorism trials, the largest Islamic organizations in America are fronts for jihad and controlled by the Brotherhood, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital