More protests break out in Brazil
Sao Paulo: Protests are breaking out again in Brazil just before President Dilma Rousseff`s first meeting with some members of the protest movement.
Demonstrations on Monday blocked access to Brazil`s biggest port in Santos, on the Sao Paulo state coast. It wasn`t clear how many demonstrators were involved.
Protests were also seen in at least four other states, with more expected as the day goes on.
In Brasilia, Rousseff`s office says she`ll meet in the early afternoon with members of the Free Fare Movement. That`s the group that ignited the original protests in Sao Paulo against a hike in public transport fares.
Despite having the fare hike reversed in several cities, the group says it will continue to fight for its objective of free transportation for all.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’