More protests break out in Brazil
Sao Paulo: Protests are breaking out again in Brazil just before President Dilma Rousseff`s first meeting with some members of the protest movement.
Demonstrations on Monday blocked access to Brazil`s biggest port in Santos, on the Sao Paulo state coast. It wasn`t clear how many demonstrators were involved.
Protests were also seen in at least four other states, with more expected as the day goes on.
In Brasilia, Rousseff`s office says she`ll meet in the early afternoon with members of the Free Fare Movement. That`s the group that ignited the original protests in Sao Paulo against a hike in public transport fares.
Despite having the fare hike reversed in several cities, the group says it will continue to fight for its objective of free transportation for all.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — Players to watch out for
- Lionel Messi Injury Video: Witness the moment that scared everyone
- Those with illegal money to be prosecuted: Jaitley on Panama Papers
- 10 killed in Bangladesh poll violence
- Watch: Now make a call just by squeezing your smartphone!