More remains retrieved from Sukhoi crash site
Jakarta: Rescuers on Saturday have gathered more remains of bodies at the crash site of Sukhoi Super Jet-100 in a slope of Mount Salak in Bogor regency of West Java and put them into four body bags, putting the total remains have been collected to 16 body bags, senior military officer said.
Military Commander for West Java and Banten Military Command Sonny Widjaja said the rescue operation continued for searching other victims.
"Yesterday (Friday),the remains found were put on 12 body bags and this (Saturday) morning more remain were found and are put in 4 bags," he told reporters in Bogor, broadcasted alive by local television.
The strong impact of the crash led the plane break apart into many small pieces and a similar risk may have also occurred on the people onboard, Gagah Prokoso, spokesman of National Search and Rescue Office has said.
The military commander said that it was not clear yet how many bodies were included in the 16 bags before the autopsy to be done in the police hospital in Jakarta.
Sukhoi jet plane 100 carried eight Russian crew members and 45 passengers; two of them foreigners, and the rest were Indonesians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!