More than 100 bodies in Ivory Coast: UN
Geneva: The UN says more than 100 bodies have been found in Ivory Coast in the past 24 hours, some of them burned alive.
About 60 were killed in one incident and about 40 people in another that appears to have been carried out by Liberian mercenaries, says Rupert Colville, spokesman for the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, said "all the incidents appear at least partly ethnically motivated”.
He said there were still other reports of "smaller-scale killings in other places that have yet to be investigated”.
Colville said some of the victims were burned alive while others were thrown down a well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand