More than 100 bodies in Ivory Coast: UN
Geneva: The UN says more than 100 bodies have been found in Ivory Coast in the past 24 hours, some of them burned alive.
About 60 were killed in one incident and about 40 people in another that appears to have been carried out by Liberian mercenaries, says Rupert Colville, spokesman for the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, said "all the incidents appear at least partly ethnically motivated”.
He said there were still other reports of "smaller-scale killings in other places that have yet to be investigated”.
Colville said some of the victims were burned alive while others were thrown down a well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH