More than 100 bodies in Ivory Coast: UN
Geneva: The UN says more than 100 bodies have been found in Ivory Coast in the past 24 hours, some of them burned alive.
About 60 were killed in one incident and about 40 people in another that appears to have been carried out by Liberian mercenaries, says Rupert Colville, spokesman for the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, said "all the incidents appear at least partly ethnically motivated”.
He said there were still other reports of "smaller-scale killings in other places that have yet to be investigated”.
Colville said some of the victims were burned alive while others were thrown down a well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi