More than 100 bodies in Ivory Coast: UN
Geneva: The UN says more than 100 bodies have been found in Ivory Coast in the past 24 hours, some of them burned alive.
About 60 were killed in one incident and about 40 people in another that appears to have been carried out by Liberian mercenaries, says Rupert Colville, spokesman for the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, said "all the incidents appear at least partly ethnically motivated”.
He said there were still other reports of "smaller-scale killings in other places that have yet to be investigated”.
Colville said some of the victims were burned alive while others were thrown down a well.
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day