More than 100 hurt in Peru quake
Lima: Peruvian authorities say 112 people have been treated for injuries after a magnitude-6.3 earthquake struck the country`s central coast. They say none of the injuries are life-threatening.
Regional civil defense director Cesar Chonate says a boy was hospitalized with a fractured hip but most injuries were minor and included heart palpitations as people fled homes in panic.
Chonate says 16 homes suffered some damage in the quake, which struck at 11 minutes after midnight (0511 GMT), nine miles (15 kilometers) southeast of Ica.
The city was badly damaged by a magnitude-8 earthquake in August 2007 and also suffered damage in a quake last October.
The US Geological Survey says Monday`s quake was at a depth of 24 miles (39 kilometers).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened