More than 100 hurt in Peru quake
Lima: Peruvian authorities say 112 people have been treated for injuries after a magnitude-6.3 earthquake struck the country`s central coast. They say none of the injuries are life-threatening.
Regional civil defense director Cesar Chonate says a boy was hospitalized with a fractured hip but most injuries were minor and included heart palpitations as people fled homes in panic.
Chonate says 16 homes suffered some damage in the quake, which struck at 11 minutes after midnight (0511 GMT), nine miles (15 kilometers) southeast of Ica.
The city was badly damaged by a magnitude-8 earthquake in August 2007 and also suffered damage in a quake last October.
The US Geological Survey says Monday`s quake was at a depth of 24 miles (39 kilometers).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources