More than 100 hurt in Peru quake
Lima: Peruvian authorities say 112 people have been treated for injuries after a magnitude-6.3 earthquake struck the country`s central coast. They say none of the injuries are life-threatening.
Regional civil defense director Cesar Chonate says a boy was hospitalized with a fractured hip but most injuries were minor and included heart palpitations as people fled homes in panic.
Chonate says 16 homes suffered some damage in the quake, which struck at 11 minutes after midnight (0511 GMT), nine miles (15 kilometers) southeast of Ica.
The city was badly damaged by a magnitude-8 earthquake in August 2007 and also suffered damage in a quake last October.
The US Geological Survey says Monday`s quake was at a depth of 24 miles (39 kilometers).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown