More than 10,000 dead in Syria crackdown: Monitors
Beirut: The crackdown in Syria has killed
10,108 people since the uprising against President Bashar
al-Assad`s regime erupted last March, the head of the Syrian
Observatory of Human Rights said on Monday.
"10,108 people were killed -- 7,306 civilians, 2,248
members of government forces and 554 soldiers who defected
from the Syrian army," Abdul Rahman said.
For its part, the United Nations says that more than 9,000
people have died in the crackdown launched by the Syrian
regime to crush the uprising against Assad`s rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH