More than 10,000 dead in Syria crackdown: Monitors
Beirut: The crackdown in Syria has killed
10,108 people since the uprising against President Bashar
al-Assad`s regime erupted last March, the head of the Syrian
Observatory of Human Rights said on Monday.
"10,108 people were killed -- 7,306 civilians, 2,248
members of government forces and 554 soldiers who defected
from the Syrian army," Abdul Rahman said.
For its part, the United Nations says that more than 9,000
people have died in the crackdown launched by the Syrian
regime to crush the uprising against Assad`s rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter