More than 10,000 dead in Syria crackdown: Monitors
Beirut: The crackdown in Syria has killed
10,108 people since the uprising against President Bashar
al-Assad`s regime erupted last March, the head of the Syrian
Observatory of Human Rights said on Monday.
"10,108 people were killed -- 7,306 civilians, 2,248
members of government forces and 554 soldiers who defected
from the Syrian army," Abdul Rahman said.
For its part, the United Nations says that more than 9,000
people have died in the crackdown launched by the Syrian
regime to crush the uprising against Assad`s rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends