More than 10,000 dogs working for Chinese military
Beijing: Dogs are are playing a key role in
the Chinese armed forces with more than 10,000 canines
currently working on various post-disaster search and rescue,
and border patrol missions, according to an army official.
These dogs are currently serving in more than 5,000
army divisions, Wang Han, an official with the Beijing-based
war dog breeding and training centre, said.
"In the past five years, our military working dogs
have helped solve hundreds of cases. They have been playing a
key role in the army that could not be replaced by modern
technology or human efforts,"a news agency quoted Wang
According to Wang, the country trains hundreds of
war dogs each year for patrol, scout, sentry as well as drug
and explosives detection work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works