More than 90 die in Philippines floods
Bali: Over 90 people were killed and four went missing in the Philippines as a result of floods caused by heavy torrential rains that affected more than two million people, GMA News website reported on Monday.
Two days of torrential rains last week destroyed some 3,000 residential houses and 5,500 of other buildings as well as flooded 86 roads and three bridges.
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday expressed his condolences to the Philippines President Benigno Aquino III over the deadly floods, Kremlin`s press service said.
Last December, tropical storm Washi hit the southern Philippines leaving at least 1,200 people dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda