More than 90 die in Philippines floods
Bali: Over 90 people were killed and four went missing in the Philippines as a result of floods caused by heavy torrential rains that affected more than two million people, GMA News website reported on Monday.
Two days of torrential rains last week destroyed some 3,000 residential houses and 5,500 of other buildings as well as flooded 86 roads and three bridges.
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday expressed his condolences to the Philippines President Benigno Aquino III over the deadly floods, Kremlin`s press service said.
Last December, tropical storm Washi hit the southern Philippines leaving at least 1,200 people dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena