Morocco bus accident: 42 dead, 24 injured
Rabat: Forty-two people were killed and 24 injured Tuesday when their passenger bus fell into a ravine in southern Morocco, a media report said.
The accident occurred at about 2 am when the passenger bus coming from the city of Zagora rolled into a 150-meter-deep ravine in a mountainous region, reported Xinhua citing the MAP news agency.
The accident killed 37 people on the spot, and five people died later in hospital.
Twenty-one of the injured were evacuated to the Ibn Tofail hospital in Marrakesh, while another three were sent to the Ouarzazate provincial hospital.
Morocco`s roads are rated among the deadliest in Africa, with accidents claiming 4,200 lives in 2011, a rise of around 12 percent from the previous year, according to figures from the transport ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!
- Demand to ban advertisements on fairness creams in RS
- Migaloo sighting alert! White humpback whale spotted off Australia's Byron Bay (See pic)
- 'Iron Lady' Irom Sharmila to end 16-year fast on August 9, contest elections in Manipur