Morocco bus accident: 42 dead, 24 injured
Rabat: Forty-two people were killed and 24 injured Tuesday when their passenger bus fell into a ravine in southern Morocco, a media report said.
The accident occurred at about 2 am when the passenger bus coming from the city of Zagora rolled into a 150-meter-deep ravine in a mountainous region, reported Xinhua citing the MAP news agency.
The accident killed 37 people on the spot, and five people died later in hospital.
Twenty-one of the injured were evacuated to the Ibn Tofail hospital in Marrakesh, while another three were sent to the Ouarzazate provincial hospital.
Morocco`s roads are rated among the deadliest in Africa, with accidents claiming 4,200 lives in 2011, a rise of around 12 percent from the previous year, according to figures from the transport ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Curfew, restrictions continue for 48th day in Kashmir
- Rahul Gandhi must come clean on how Mahatma Gandhi's assassin was affiliated to RSS: Vaidya
- Japanese truck driver playing Pokemon Go kills pedestrian
- `No radicalisation` in Australia stabbing death: Police
- How to get MIUI 8 update on Xiaomi smartphone: Check out tutorial