Morocco bus accident: 42 dead, 24 injured
Rabat: Forty-two people were killed and 24 injured Tuesday when their passenger bus fell into a ravine in southern Morocco, a media report said.
The accident occurred at about 2 am when the passenger bus coming from the city of Zagora rolled into a 150-meter-deep ravine in a mountainous region, reported Xinhua citing the MAP news agency.
The accident killed 37 people on the spot, and five people died later in hospital.
Twenty-one of the injured were evacuated to the Ibn Tofail hospital in Marrakesh, while another three were sent to the Ouarzazate provincial hospital.
Morocco`s roads are rated among the deadliest in Africa, with accidents claiming 4,200 lives in 2011, a rise of around 12 percent from the previous year, according to figures from the transport ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi