Mortar attacks kill 10 in Syria
Damascus: A total of 10 people, including two children, were killed and many wounded Wednesday in mortar attacks, state media reported.
Five people, including two kids, were killed in separate mortar attacks against areas in the countryside of the capital Damascus, Xinhua said.
Three people were killed in Idlib province and two in the central province of Hama by similar attacks, the report added.
Mortar attacks have become a daily routine in Syria`s three-year-old crisis, as the rebels in some areas opt for such tactic to wobble the government troops` grip on power.
Meanwhile, the oppositional Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based watchdog, said that four rebels of the Al Qaeda- inspired Nusra Front were killed in clashes with government troops in Hama, along with five Syrian soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city