Mortar attacks kill 10 in Syria
Damascus: A total of 10 people, including two children, were killed and many wounded Wednesday in mortar attacks, state media reported.
Five people, including two kids, were killed in separate mortar attacks against areas in the countryside of the capital Damascus, Xinhua said.
Three people were killed in Idlib province and two in the central province of Hama by similar attacks, the report added.
Mortar attacks have become a daily routine in Syria`s three-year-old crisis, as the rebels in some areas opt for such tactic to wobble the government troops` grip on power.
Meanwhile, the oppositional Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based watchdog, said that four rebels of the Al Qaeda- inspired Nusra Front were killed in clashes with government troops in Hama, along with five Syrian soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers