Mortar attacks kill 10 in Syria
Damascus: A total of 10 people, including two children, were killed and many wounded Wednesday in mortar attacks, state media reported.
Five people, including two kids, were killed in separate mortar attacks against areas in the countryside of the capital Damascus, Xinhua said.
Three people were killed in Idlib province and two in the central province of Hama by similar attacks, the report added.
Mortar attacks have become a daily routine in Syria`s three-year-old crisis, as the rebels in some areas opt for such tactic to wobble the government troops` grip on power.
Meanwhile, the oppositional Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based watchdog, said that four rebels of the Al Qaeda- inspired Nusra Front were killed in clashes with government troops in Hama, along with five Syrian soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016: Andre Russell's injury badly hurt Kolkata Knight Riders' chances of winning third title
- Revealed! Samsung to launch Galaxy C5, Galaxy C7 today; pics leaked ahead of launch
- Gujarat Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel to be produced in court for insulting tricolour
- Market extends gains: Sensex zooms over 500 points; Nifty recaptures 8,000-mark
- Sonam Kapoor with Shah Rukh Khan in a film? Here's what the diva has to say!