Mortar attacks kill 10 in Syria
Damascus: A total of 10 people, including two children, were killed and many wounded Wednesday in mortar attacks, state media reported.
Five people, including two kids, were killed in separate mortar attacks against areas in the countryside of the capital Damascus, Xinhua said.
Three people were killed in Idlib province and two in the central province of Hama by similar attacks, the report added.
Mortar attacks have become a daily routine in Syria`s three-year-old crisis, as the rebels in some areas opt for such tactic to wobble the government troops` grip on power.
Meanwhile, the oppositional Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based watchdog, said that four rebels of the Al Qaeda- inspired Nusra Front were killed in clashes with government troops in Hama, along with five Syrian soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price