Mortar shells hit central Damascus: Report
Damascus: Mortar shells hit the centre of Damascus today morning, wounding three people, Syrian news agency SANA reported.
A shell fired by "terrorists" hit the Al-Hassan mosque in the upmarket Abu Rummaneh neighbourhood, the report said, using the Syrian government`s term for rebel fighters it is locked in a bloody civil war with.
One person was wounded, and the mosque`s minaret was destroyed, SANA said.
Two other people, a woman and her child, were wounded by mortar fire near Ommayad Square in the centre of the capital.
Elsewhere, an AFP photographer waiting outside the Damascus hotel of UN weapons inspectors, who are in the country to investigate allegations of chemical weapons use, said he heard two explosions nearby.
The experts, who arrived in Syria on August 18, were to visit the site of the latest suspected chemical weapons strikes near Damascus, after President Bashar al-Assad`s government gave them the green light yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey