Moscow concerned with abuse of Russian orphans in US
Moscow: Moscow is worried about reports that at least 26 Russian orphans were abandoned and given to strangers by their American foster parents through an underground internet network, said the Russian foreign ministry.
Reports say many American parents advertised online kids they regretted adopting and Russia found many children were given to paedophiles and child pornography makers, said Konstantin Dolgov, the foreign ministry`s envoy for human rights, democracy and the rule of law, in a statement Friday, reports Xinhua.
This revealed the insufficient protection of these children by the US authorities, he said, urging Washington to investigate the illegal network and clarify the fate of the 26 Russian children.
He also said there are many private orphanages in the US that escape the government supervision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself