Moscow concerned with abuse of Russian orphans in US
Moscow: Moscow is worried about reports that at least 26 Russian orphans were abandoned and given to strangers by their American foster parents through an underground internet network, said the Russian foreign ministry.
Reports say many American parents advertised online kids they regretted adopting and Russia found many children were given to paedophiles and child pornography makers, said Konstantin Dolgov, the foreign ministry`s envoy for human rights, democracy and the rule of law, in a statement Friday, reports Xinhua.
This revealed the insufficient protection of these children by the US authorities, he said, urging Washington to investigate the illegal network and clarify the fate of the 26 Russian children.
He also said there are many private orphanages in the US that escape the government supervision.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive