Moscow metro driver dies after falling from moving train
Moscow: A train driver on the Moscow metro died after apparently falling out of a moving train, Russian investigators said on Sunday.
The incident took place late yesterday as the train was travelling along a busy line in southern Moscow, the Investigative Committee said in a statement.
"A train pulled into Ryazansky Prospekt metro station without a driver, using automatic braking," investigators said.
"Two minutes later, the driver of the next train found the driver`s body under the live rail in the tunnel between Kuzminki and Ryazansky Prospekt stations."
It was unclear how the driver ended up on the tracks and why the door of his cabin was open.
"The driver apparently fell out due to his own carelessness," the spokesman for Moscow metro police, Alexei Myshlyayev, told the RIA Novosti news agency.
Myshlyayev said that security camera footage confirmed that no one else was in the driver`s cabin at the time.
The Moscow metro, famed for its ornate stations with chandeliers and statues, is vital to the traffic-snarled capital, with ridership of more than nine million on working days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday