Mosque prayer service in Nigeria after attacks
Kano: The emir of Kano has led a prayer service asking for God to help end attacks by a radical Islamist sect across Nigeria`s north.
The ceremony by the senior Muslim religious official was held on Monday in the city of Kano, where more than 170 were killed in a series of coordinated attacks Friday by Boko Haram. The emir spoke only for one minute in a voice so soft those gathered inside the half-emptied mosque could barely hear.
Boko Haram means "Western education is sacrilege" in the Hausa language of Nigeria`s north.
The group has carried out increasingly sophisticated and bloody attacks in its campaign to implement strict Shariah law and avenge the deaths of Muslims in communal violence across Nigeria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sit at home and earn Rs 60,000 per month; follow these 5 websites
- Barcelona snap-up midfielder Andre Gomes from La Liga rivals Valencia for USD 55 million
- Ferrari GTC4Lusso India launch in 2017!
- Memories in making with noir shades, Shah Rukh Khan rejoices evening with 'Dear Zindagi' team!
- New 'Star Wars' character from 'Rogue One' unveiled