`Mossad agent` wanted a base in India
New York: An American national, who fled to Israel after killing his parents, has claimed that he worked for Israeli spy agency Mossad and wanted to set up a "station" in India to keep a tab on Pakistan.
Eric Bellucci, who killed his parents and then fled to Israel only to be extradited back to the US, was apprehended yesterday by the New York Police Department (NYPD).
Bellucci, who was brought back to New York from the Tel Aviv airport to face murder charges, told a friend that he had previously worked with the CIA and Mossad.
He told the friend that he planned "to set up a station in India so I can look at Pakistan," The New York Post reported.
Bellucci was fearful of living in NYC because he feared another Times Square attack.
Pakistani-American Faisal Shahzad, a LeT operative, tried to blow up an explosive-laden vehicle in Times Square on May 1 but failed and was later arrested and sentenced to life
imprisonment after his conviction in the case.
"I had no idea he had a history of medication at all prior to this event," Bellucci`s friend said on condition of anonymity.
Bellucci`s parents, Arthur, 61, and Marian, 56, were found dead on Wednesday night in their home in Staten Island. The Post reported that their daughter found their bodies.
The American media said Bellucci, who reportedly suffers from schizophrenia, was picked up on Friday after trying to buy a plane ticket to Beijing, and arrived at the
JFK airport on Sunday.
The man is in custody and is to appear at an arraignment hearing in Staten Island Criminal Court tomorrow.
"Police believed he travelled to Israel to meet a friend, but were unsure if Bellucci made contact. Bellucci had used a credit card to rent a car upon arrival," SI Live.com
His unstable manner at the Israeli airport made an attendant suspicious who then informed the police. The attendant told an Israeli TV channel that Bellucci was talking
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video