`Mossad agent` wanted a base in India
New York: An American national, who fled to Israel after killing his parents, has claimed that he worked for Israeli spy agency Mossad and wanted to set up a "station" in India to keep a tab on Pakistan.
Eric Bellucci, who killed his parents and then fled to Israel only to be extradited back to the US, was apprehended yesterday by the New York Police Department (NYPD).
Bellucci, who was brought back to New York from the Tel Aviv airport to face murder charges, told a friend that he had previously worked with the CIA and Mossad.
He told the friend that he planned "to set up a station in India so I can look at Pakistan," The New York Post reported.
Bellucci was fearful of living in NYC because he feared another Times Square attack.
Pakistani-American Faisal Shahzad, a LeT operative, tried to blow up an explosive-laden vehicle in Times Square on May 1 but failed and was later arrested and sentenced to life
imprisonment after his conviction in the case.
"I had no idea he had a history of medication at all prior to this event," Bellucci`s friend said on condition of anonymity.
Bellucci`s parents, Arthur, 61, and Marian, 56, were found dead on Wednesday night in their home in Staten Island. The Post reported that their daughter found their bodies.
The American media said Bellucci, who reportedly suffers from schizophrenia, was picked up on Friday after trying to buy a plane ticket to Beijing, and arrived at the
JFK airport on Sunday.
The man is in custody and is to appear at an arraignment hearing in Staten Island Criminal Court tomorrow.
"Police believed he travelled to Israel to meet a friend, but were unsure if Bellucci made contact. Bellucci had used a credit card to rent a car upon arrival," SI Live.com
His unstable manner at the Israeli airport made an attendant suspicious who then informed the police. The attendant told an Israeli TV channel that Bellucci was talking
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in