`Mossad, US agree Iran yet to decide to build N-bomb`
New York: Though Israel has been pushing for quick and aggressive actions against Iran, its intelligence service Mossad agrees with the US assessments that there is no hard evidence to prove that Tehran has decided to build a nuclear bomb, according to a media report.
"Their people ask very hard questions, but Mossad does not disagree with the US on the weapons programme," the New York Times quoted an unnamed former senior US intelligence official as saying.
"There is not a lot of dispute between the US and Israeli intelligence communities on the facts," the official said.
The latest US assessments are consistent with the 2007 intelligence findings which concluded that Iran halted efforts to build a nuclear bomb back in 2003, the report said.
The report further states that US spy agencies have been trying to track Iranian efforts to enrich Uranium and develop missile technology, and watching for any move toward weaponisation, designing and building a bomb.
The extent of the evidence the spy agencies have collected is unclear because most of their findings are classified, but intelligence officials say they have been
throwing everything they have at the Iranian programme, the report said.
While the National Security Agency eavesdrops on telephone conversations of Iranian officials and conducts other forms of electronic surveillance, the National
Geospatial-Intelligence Agency analyses radar imagery and digital images of nuclear sites, it said.
Outside analysts believe high-tech drones prowl over secret Iranian installations.
One such drone came down late last year deep inside Iranian territory, though US officials said they lost control of it in Afghanistan.
Iran says its nuclear work is for purely peaceful purposes, but Western countries express fears that Iran is secretly trying to develop a nuclear bomb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3