`Mossad, US agree Iran yet to decide to build N-bomb`
New York: Though Israel has been pushing for quick and aggressive actions against Iran, its intelligence service Mossad agrees with the US assessments that there is no hard evidence to prove that Tehran has decided to build a nuclear bomb, according to a media report.
"Their people ask very hard questions, but Mossad does not disagree with the US on the weapons programme," the New York Times quoted an unnamed former senior US intelligence official as saying.
"There is not a lot of dispute between the US and Israeli intelligence communities on the facts," the official said.
The latest US assessments are consistent with the 2007 intelligence findings which concluded that Iran halted efforts to build a nuclear bomb back in 2003, the report said.
The report further states that US spy agencies have been trying to track Iranian efforts to enrich Uranium and develop missile technology, and watching for any move toward weaponisation, designing and building a bomb.
The extent of the evidence the spy agencies have collected is unclear because most of their findings are classified, but intelligence officials say they have been
throwing everything they have at the Iranian programme, the report said.
While the National Security Agency eavesdrops on telephone conversations of Iranian officials and conducts other forms of electronic surveillance, the National
Geospatial-Intelligence Agency analyses radar imagery and digital images of nuclear sites, it said.
Outside analysts believe high-tech drones prowl over secret Iranian installations.
One such drone came down late last year deep inside Iranian territory, though US officials said they lost control of it in Afghanistan.
Iran says its nuclear work is for purely peaceful purposes, but Western countries express fears that Iran is secretly trying to develop a nuclear bomb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly