Most Americans believe US cannot win Afghan war: Poll
Washington: Majority of Americans believe that the war in Afghanistan cannot be won and there would be no conclusion at all, an opinion poll said.
As many as 68 per cent of Americans believe that US will neither win nor lose the war, which will go on without resolution, according to a poll by Clarus Research Group, which was conducted between October 1 and 4.
According to polls, 61 per cent of Democrats want to reduce the number of US troops in Afghanistan, while 17 per cent want to send in additional troops. Fifty-four per cent of
Republicans and 47 per cent of independents are in favour of sending in more troops, it said.
The poll was based on telephone interviews with 1,000 adults nationwide and carries a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state