Most Americans believe US cannot win Afghan war: Poll
Washington: Majority of Americans believe that the war in Afghanistan cannot be won and there would be no conclusion at all, an opinion poll said.
As many as 68 per cent of Americans believe that US will neither win nor lose the war, which will go on without resolution, according to a poll by Clarus Research Group, which was conducted between October 1 and 4.
According to polls, 61 per cent of Democrats want to reduce the number of US troops in Afghanistan, while 17 per cent want to send in additional troops. Fifty-four per cent of
Republicans and 47 per cent of independents are in favour of sending in more troops, it said.
The poll was based on telephone interviews with 1,000 adults nationwide and carries a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani