Most Americans predict Obama will win Prez elections
Washington: Majority of Americans believe that President Barack Obama will win the November presidential elections, even as series of latest opinion polls have thrown out a virtual statistical tie between him and his Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
As many as 58 per cent of the Americans now believe that Obama will win the elections as against 36 per cent for Romney, Gallup poll said today as it released the results of its opinion poll that it conducted between August 20 and 22.
Americans` expectation that Obama will win has been remarkably consistent, virtually unchanged since May despite three intervening months of campaigning, Gallup said.
A similar poll by it on May 10-13 had revealed that 56 per cent of Americans believe that Obama will the 2012 elections, as against 36 per cent for Romney.
According to an average of recent opinion polls compiled by Realclearpolitics, Obama has a slender lead of 1.1 percentage point over Romney.
In an email to his supporters, Vice President Joe Biden warned that they might lose the elections if they are not able to raise enough money in the coming weeks, given that the Romney campaign have outraised them for three months in a row.
"Three months in a row, Mitt Romney and the Republican Party have trounced our fundraising totals. And, along with allied outside groups, they`re using that cash to try to obliterate our side on the airwaves, outspending us in some battleground states by margins of up to three to one," he wrote.
"The pundits are saying this is how we could lose the election. You know what I say? When you get knocked down, get up. There`s no quit in America. There`s nothing we can`t do," Biden wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand