Most Americans predict Obama will win Prez elections
Washington: Majority of Americans believe that President Barack Obama will win the November presidential elections, even as series of latest opinion polls have thrown out a virtual statistical tie between him and his Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
As many as 58 per cent of the Americans now believe that Obama will win the elections as against 36 per cent for Romney, Gallup poll said today as it released the results of its opinion poll that it conducted between August 20 and 22.
Americans` expectation that Obama will win has been remarkably consistent, virtually unchanged since May despite three intervening months of campaigning, Gallup said.
A similar poll by it on May 10-13 had revealed that 56 per cent of Americans believe that Obama will the 2012 elections, as against 36 per cent for Romney.
According to an average of recent opinion polls compiled by Realclearpolitics, Obama has a slender lead of 1.1 percentage point over Romney.
In an email to his supporters, Vice President Joe Biden warned that they might lose the elections if they are not able to raise enough money in the coming weeks, given that the Romney campaign have outraised them for three months in a row.
"Three months in a row, Mitt Romney and the Republican Party have trounced our fundraising totals. And, along with allied outside groups, they`re using that cash to try to obliterate our side on the airwaves, outspending us in some battleground states by margins of up to three to one," he wrote.
"The pundits are saying this is how we could lose the election. You know what I say? When you get knocked down, get up. There`s no quit in America. There`s nothing we can`t do," Biden wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users