Most Americans think `Iraq war was mistake`
Washington: A majority of Americans continue to think Iraq war was a mistake and was not worth fighting, according to a poll.
According to HuffPost/YouGov poll, 52 percent of Americans think it was a mistake for the US to send troops to Iraq in 2008.
Thirty-one percent respondents said it was not, the poll showed.
According to the survey, additionally, 55 percent of respondents said the war was not worth fighting, and only 27 percent said it was, the Huff Post reports.
Both questions found a big partisan divide on support for the war, the report said.
According to the poll, 74 percent of Democrats and 22 percent of Republicans said it was a mistake to send troops in the first place while 16 percent of Democrats and 56 percent of Republicans said the war was worth fighting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs