Most favour Obama’s plan to end ‘Bush’s tax cuts for wealthy’: Poll
Washington: A majority of Americans favour President Barack Obama`s proposal for the expiring Bush tax cuts for upper incomes, a poll has said.
According to the HuffPost/YouGov poll 29 percent of the respondents said they would prefer to end the Bush tax cuts for income about 250,000 dollars, which was Obama`s plan.
While a combined 23 percent supported ending the tax cuts at higher income thresholds -- which is one possibility in a potential "fiscal cliff" compromise, the Huff Post reports.
According to the report, a majority of Americans therefore favor ending the Bush tax cuts only for wealthy.
Another 23 percent said the tax cuts should be extended for everyone, the poll said.
According to the poll, Americans supported a tax increase on income over 250,000 dollars by 43 percent to 35 percent.
Proposals to let tax rates rise only at higher income levels received somewhat broader support.
Half of Americans said it was a good idea to raise taxes for those making more than 400,000 dollars, while 52 percent supported raising taxes for those making over 1 million dollars, the poll said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`