Most favour Obama’s plan to end ‘Bush’s tax cuts for wealthy’: Poll
Washington: A majority of Americans favour President Barack Obama`s proposal for the expiring Bush tax cuts for upper incomes, a poll has said.
According to the HuffPost/YouGov poll 29 percent of the respondents said they would prefer to end the Bush tax cuts for income about 250,000 dollars, which was Obama`s plan.
While a combined 23 percent supported ending the tax cuts at higher income thresholds -- which is one possibility in a potential "fiscal cliff" compromise, the Huff Post reports.
According to the report, a majority of Americans therefore favor ending the Bush tax cuts only for wealthy.
Another 23 percent said the tax cuts should be extended for everyone, the poll said.
According to the poll, Americans supported a tax increase on income over 250,000 dollars by 43 percent to 35 percent.
Proposals to let tax rates rise only at higher income levels received somewhat broader support.
Half of Americans said it was a good idea to raise taxes for those making more than 400,000 dollars, while 52 percent supported raising taxes for those making over 1 million dollars, the poll said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why