Most favour Obama’s plan to end ‘Bush’s tax cuts for wealthy’: Poll
Washington: A majority of Americans favour President Barack Obama`s proposal for the expiring Bush tax cuts for upper incomes, a poll has said.
According to the HuffPost/YouGov poll 29 percent of the respondents said they would prefer to end the Bush tax cuts for income about 250,000 dollars, which was Obama`s plan.
While a combined 23 percent supported ending the tax cuts at higher income thresholds -- which is one possibility in a potential "fiscal cliff" compromise, the Huff Post reports.
According to the report, a majority of Americans therefore favor ending the Bush tax cuts only for wealthy.
Another 23 percent said the tax cuts should be extended for everyone, the poll said.
According to the poll, Americans supported a tax increase on income over 250,000 dollars by 43 percent to 35 percent.
Proposals to let tax rates rise only at higher income levels received somewhat broader support.
Half of Americans said it was a good idea to raise taxes for those making more than 400,000 dollars, while 52 percent supported raising taxes for those making over 1 million dollars, the poll said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate