Most Italians want to be like me: Berlusconi
London: After describing himself as "Superman”, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has said, "Most Italians want to be like me.”
The controversial 72-year-old premier, who has repeatedly denied allegations of inappropriate relationships with young women, insisted during a television interview: "Most Italians would like to be like me and they support my behaviour.
"Italians aren`t stupid, as the Left thinks, and they prefer my government.”
"Just look at the polls, we have an approval rating sailing towards 70 per cent".
The premier’s personal life came under media glare after news of him attending birthday of Noemi Letizia, 18, a model, erupted, reports The Telegraph.
However, he has insisted that "nothing spicy" happened between him and Letizia.
He has also said he cannot remember the escort Patrizia D``Addario, 42, spending the night at his official Palazzo Grazioli residence in Rome.
Last week Berlusconi described himself as "Superman".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal