`Most painful 100 days` since MH370 disaster: Malaysia Airlines CEO

By Supriya Jha | Last Updated: Monday, June 16, 2014 - 16:44

Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha

Kuala Lumpur: Hundred days have passed since Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 disappeared en route Beijing from Kuala Lumpur, but Malaysian authorities continue to pledge their commitment towards searching the missing plane even as no trace has been discovered so far despite a marathon search.

The kins of missing MH370 passengers in Malaysia and China marked 100 days since the plane`s disappearance by organising prayers and events.

In Beijing, relatives gathered at Buddhist temples to pray for the return of their loved ones.

"We have to pray to Buddha, pray to the Goddess of Mercy for blessings. We have to place our hopes on this and pray for the heavens to help us,” the BBC quoted one of the kins as saying.

In Malaysia, an event was organised by Voice370, a group formed by 205 families of the MH370 passengers, that coincided with Father`s Day, reported the Malaysian Star.

The group that aims to find the truth behind the disappearance, organised the event to pay tributes to the missing loved ones.

Marking 100 days since the tragedy, Malaysia`s PM Nazib Razzak tweeted that the nation remained committed to searching the plane.

Describing the 100 days as the longest and the most painful, Malaysia Airlines CEO issued a statement reminiscing the cabin crew and friends, who were on board the plane.

"We miss our colleagues and friends on board MH370 and we continue to hope and seek answers that will bring us closer to finding out what happened to MH370," said company chief Ahmad Jauhari.

Marking 100 days since the plane`s disappearance, Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein reiterated that Malaysia won`t rest till the plane was found.

He issued a statement saying, "100 days after MH370 went missing, its loss remains a painful void in the hearts of all Malaysians and those around the world.”

"Indeed, as the search transitions to a more challenging phase, we reaffirm our commitment with renewed vigour to locate the missing MH370," he said in a statement.

He also hoped that the history would judge the government fairly as a marathon search efforts involving a maximum of 26 nations and costing billion of dollars was launched to search the plane which carried five Indians, 154 Chinese and 38 Malaysians.



First Published: Monday, June 16, 2014 - 15:22

comments powered by Disqus