‘Most prolific sex attacker’ Jimmy Savile’s victims toll hits 200
London: Jimmy Savile’s toll of sex abuse victims has hit 200, as the late BBC star was branded “one of the most prolific sex attackers ever”.
Scotland Yard said it is now running a criminal investigation into his living accomplices.
The Sun quoted Met Police Commander Peter Spindler, as saying that they ‘are dealing with alleged abuse on an unprecedented scale.’
According to the report, police believe Savile’s catalogue of sex attacks could span six decades.
Peter Watt, head of child protection charity the NSPCC’s helpline, said it is possible ‘Savile was one of the most prolific sex offenders they have ever come across’.
“We’ve received over 136 calls relating to allegations against him,” Watt added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick