‘Most prolific sex attacker’ Jimmy Savile’s victims toll hits 200
London: Jimmy Savile’s toll of sex abuse victims has hit 200, as the late BBC star was branded “one of the most prolific sex attackers ever”.
Scotland Yard said it is now running a criminal investigation into his living accomplices.
The Sun quoted Met Police Commander Peter Spindler, as saying that they ‘are dealing with alleged abuse on an unprecedented scale.’
According to the report, police believe Savile’s catalogue of sex attacks could span six decades.
Peter Watt, head of child protection charity the NSPCC’s helpline, said it is possible ‘Savile was one of the most prolific sex offenders they have ever come across’.
“We’ve received over 136 calls relating to allegations against him,” Watt added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan