Mother in UK forced 14-year-old to get pregnant
London: A British judge says a woman who was desperate for another child forced her 14-year-old daughter to get pregnant using syringes of donor sperm.
High Court judge Peter Jackson said the mother had behaved in "a wicked and selfish way" that almost defied belief.
The judge said the woman, an American living in Britain with three adopted children, hatched the plan after she was prevented from adopting a fourth.
The plan involved attempting to inseminate her eldest daughter with syringes of sperm purchased over the Internet.
An initial pregnancy ended in miscarriage but the daughter gave birth to a baby boy from donor sperm when she was 17.
Details of the case were reported for the first time today after the media challenged reporting restrictions at family court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Cambodia blocking ASEAN consensus on South China Sea: Diplomat
- Turkey can hold suspects without charge for up to 30 days
- Piramal Enterprises to raise Rs 300 cr via non-convertible debentures
- Gold, silver hit a soft patch as global cues turn weak
- Nokia all set to make comeback with 2 new Android 7.0 Nougat devices