Mother in UK forced 14-year-old to get pregnant
London: A British judge says a woman who was desperate for another child forced her 14-year-old daughter to get pregnant using syringes of donor sperm.
High Court judge Peter Jackson said the mother had behaved in "a wicked and selfish way" that almost defied belief.
The judge said the woman, an American living in Britain with three adopted children, hatched the plan after she was prevented from adopting a fourth.
The plan involved attempting to inseminate her eldest daughter with syringes of sperm purchased over the Internet.
An initial pregnancy ended in miscarriage but the daughter gave birth to a baby boy from donor sperm when she was 17.
Details of the case were reported for the first time today after the media challenged reporting restrictions at family court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened