Mother in UK forced 14-year-old to get pregnant
London: A British judge says a woman who was desperate for another child forced her 14-year-old daughter to get pregnant using syringes of donor sperm.
High Court judge Peter Jackson said the mother had behaved in "a wicked and selfish way" that almost defied belief.
The judge said the woman, an American living in Britain with three adopted children, hatched the plan after she was prevented from adopting a fourth.
The plan involved attempting to inseminate her eldest daughter with syringes of sperm purchased over the Internet.
An initial pregnancy ended in miscarriage but the daughter gave birth to a baby boy from donor sperm when she was 17.
Details of the case were reported for the first time today after the media challenged reporting restrictions at family court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice