Mother of Poland`s Kaczynski twins dies at 86
Warsaw: Jadwiga Kaczynska, the mother of the identical twin brothers who shaped public life in Poland for many years, has died.
She was 86.
Kaczynska`s death on Thursday was announced by Law and Justice, the conservative party led by her surviving son, Jaroslaw Kaczynski.
Lech and Jaroslaw Kaczynski were activists in the democracy struggle that helped topple communism in 1989.
They eventually formed Law and Justice, which represents conservative and patriotic values.
From 2006-2007 the two simultaneously held the country`s two top political jobs, with Lech as president and Jaroslaw as prime minister.
When Lech Kaczynski died in the crash of the presidential plane in Russia in 2010, Kaczynska was critically ill in a hospital and wasn`t given the devastating news for six weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?