Mother of Poland`s Kaczynski twins dies at 86
Warsaw: Jadwiga Kaczynska, the mother of the identical twin brothers who shaped public life in Poland for many years, has died.
She was 86.
Kaczynska`s death on Thursday was announced by Law and Justice, the conservative party led by her surviving son, Jaroslaw Kaczynski.
Lech and Jaroslaw Kaczynski were activists in the democracy struggle that helped topple communism in 1989.
They eventually formed Law and Justice, which represents conservative and patriotic values.
From 2006-2007 the two simultaneously held the country`s two top political jobs, with Lech as president and Jaroslaw as prime minister.
When Lech Kaczynski died in the crash of the presidential plane in Russia in 2010, Kaczynska was critically ill in a hospital and wasn`t given the devastating news for six weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?