Mousavi supporter disrupts Hassan Rouhani’s press conference
Zee Media Bureau
Tehran: With moderate cleric Hassan Rouhani’s winning Iranian Presidential Elections, the chorus for release of reformist leaders under house arrest has grown louder.
The increasing clamour for release of reformist leaders became evident when Iran’s President-elect Rouhani’s press conference was disrupted by a man who repeatedly shouted, “Remember, Mousavi must be present!”
The man was referring to the reformist leader Mir Hussein Mousavi, who along with Mehdi Karroubi is under house arrest in Iran since 2009.
Seeking to assure the man, Rouhani said that he would live up to his promises.
"Some issues need to be resolved... but I am sure in time it will happen," Rouhani said.
Supporters of Mousavi and Karroubi are eagerly waiting for the newly elected President to order the release of captivated leaders as Rouhani was the only leader who spoke of freeing the political prisoners during his campaign ahead of Iran elections.
After Rouhnai’s win, jubilant Iranians had taken to street to celebrate, many of them chanting “Free Mousavi” slogans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Suspended Bihar BJP MLC Tunna Pandey sent to 12-day custody for molesting minor girl on train
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?
- Solar Impulse 2 begins its final flight of world tour, heads to Abu dhabi