Mousavi supporter disrupts Hassan Rouhani’s press conference
Zee Media Bureau
Tehran: With moderate cleric Hassan Rouhani’s winning Iranian Presidential Elections, the chorus for release of reformist leaders under house arrest has grown louder.
The increasing clamour for release of reformist leaders became evident when Iran’s President-elect Rouhani’s press conference was disrupted by a man who repeatedly shouted, “Remember, Mousavi must be present!”
The man was referring to the reformist leader Mir Hussein Mousavi, who along with Mehdi Karroubi is under house arrest in Iran since 2009.
Seeking to assure the man, Rouhani said that he would live up to his promises.
"Some issues need to be resolved... but I am sure in time it will happen," Rouhani said.
Supporters of Mousavi and Karroubi are eagerly waiting for the newly elected President to order the release of captivated leaders as Rouhani was the only leader who spoke of freeing the political prisoners during his campaign ahead of Iran elections.
After Rouhnai’s win, jubilant Iranians had taken to street to celebrate, many of them chanting “Free Mousavi” slogans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users