`Mozambique must tackle broad food crisis`
Johannesburg: The widow of independent Mozambique`s first president says the debate over food in her impoverished homeland does not end with the government`s reversal on bread prices.
Graca Machel, an international advocate for children and the poor, said in an interview on Friday that she and other activists will press the government to improve food production.
Machel says: "We are forcing the dialogue to happen."
Protests last week in Mozambique`s capital, Maputo, over hikes in the costs of bread, water and electricity turned violent, with at least 13 killed. On Tuesday, the government reversed the bread and water increases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet