`Mozambique must tackle broad food crisis`
Johannesburg: The widow of independent Mozambique`s first president says the debate over food in her impoverished homeland does not end with the government`s reversal on bread prices.
Graca Machel, an international advocate for children and the poor, said in an interview on Friday that she and other activists will press the government to improve food production.
Machel says: "We are forcing the dialogue to happen."
Protests last week in Mozambique`s capital, Maputo, over hikes in the costs of bread, water and electricity turned violent, with at least 13 killed. On Tuesday, the government reversed the bread and water increases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation