Mubarak and Netanyahu meeting postponed: Ministry
Cairo: A scheduled meeting between Egyptian
President Hosni Mubarak and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin
Netanyahu has been postponed, the Egyptian information
ministry`s press centre said on Tuesday.
It said in an email to reporters that the meeting was
postponed indefinitely. A presidential source said the meeting
would be held on Sunday.
The source said a scheduled meeting between Mubarak and
Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas for Thursday had also been
pushed to Sunday.
An Israeli government official, speaking on condition of
anonymity, said, "For logistic reasons the visit has been
postponed until Sunday."
He declined to say if it was a question of Egyptian or
Mubarak, whose country has diplomatic ties with Israel,
has acted as a mediator between the Palestinians and Israelis.
Israel and the Palestinians are conducting US-brokered
indirect talks, with Abbas refusing to hold direct
negotiations until Israel freezes all settlement
construction in the Israeli occupied West Bank and annexed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM