Mubarak and Netanyahu meeting postponed: Ministry
Cairo: A scheduled meeting between Egyptian
President Hosni Mubarak and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin
Netanyahu has been postponed, the Egyptian information
ministry`s press centre said on Tuesday.
It said in an email to reporters that the meeting was
postponed indefinitely. A presidential source said the meeting
would be held on Sunday.
The source said a scheduled meeting between Mubarak and
Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas for Thursday had also been
pushed to Sunday.
An Israeli government official, speaking on condition of
anonymity, said, "For logistic reasons the visit has been
postponed until Sunday."
He declined to say if it was a question of Egyptian or
Mubarak, whose country has diplomatic ties with Israel,
has acted as a mediator between the Palestinians and Israelis.
Israel and the Palestinians are conducting US-brokered
indirect talks, with Abbas refusing to hold direct
negotiations until Israel freezes all settlement
construction in the Israeli occupied West Bank and annexed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog