Mubarak improving in German hospital: Egypt
Berlin: Egypt`s Ministry of Information says Hosni Mubarak`s doctor at a German hospital is pleased with the president`s recovery from surgery last week to remove his gall bladder.
The ministry issued a statement on Saturday citing surgeon Markus Buechler of the Heidelberg University Hospital as saying Mubarak`s recovery was "progressing normally”.
The 81-year-old leader had his gall bladder removed at the clinic on March 06.
Mubarak`s term in office ends next year and concern about his health often prompts speculation about the leadership of the Arab world`s most populous nation, a US ally that plays a critical role in issues ranging from Middle East peace efforts to curbing Islamic militancy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India