Mubarak intends to stay till September: Ahmed Shafiq
Washington: Egyptian President Hosni
Mubarak has no immediate plans to relinquish power and intends
to stay in power till September when his term ends, his new
Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq said Sunday.
Mubarak`s ouster has been the central demand of the
Egyptian protesters who have taken to the streets in thousands
for the last 13 years to demand a democratic government.
Though the talks between Egypt`s regime and the
opposition began today, the protesters have refused to concede
ground, sticking to their demand that Mubarak leaves
In an interview to CNN from Cairo, Shafiq assured the
world that no action would be taken against international
journalists who have been covering the pro-democracy protests
in the country.
Shafiq said that Mubarak will stay in the position of
President till September and is not resigning as of now.
At the same time, Shafiq also acknowledged that talks
are on between the government and opposition leaders over the
possibility of Mubarak leaving earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!