Mubarak recovering well after surgery: German hospital
Berlin: Egypt`s President Hosni Mubarak, who
underwent surgery in a German hospital 10 days ago, is
recovering well and is able to walk and eat, a hospital
spokeswoman said on Tuesday.
Mubaral, 81, had his gall bladder and a growth removed
from his small intestine in an operation at the University of
Heidelberg hospital on March 6.
"He is well. He can walk and is receiving a light diet,"
said the spokeswoman without indicating when he would be
discharged and able to return to Cairo.
According to a health statement released by Egyptian
authorities in Cairo on Thursday, tests following surgery
showed no cancer and that "tissue removed during the surgery
Mubarak left intensive care on Wednesday for a normal
hospital room, the statement added.
The president has made no appearances in public or on
television since the operation and no pictures of him in
hospital have been published.
Cairo`s stock market lost ground yesterday, with brokers
citing uncertainty about the health of the country`s leader
who has been in power for 29 years and has handed over the
reins temporarily to his Prime Minister Ahmed Nazif.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption