Mubarak recovering well after surgery: German hospital
Berlin: Egypt`s President Hosni Mubarak, who
underwent surgery in a German hospital 10 days ago, is
recovering well and is able to walk and eat, a hospital
spokeswoman said on Tuesday.
Mubaral, 81, had his gall bladder and a growth removed
from his small intestine in an operation at the University of
Heidelberg hospital on March 6.
"He is well. He can walk and is receiving a light diet,"
said the spokeswoman without indicating when he would be
discharged and able to return to Cairo.
According to a health statement released by Egyptian
authorities in Cairo on Thursday, tests following surgery
showed no cancer and that "tissue removed during the surgery
Mubarak left intensive care on Wednesday for a normal
hospital room, the statement added.
The president has made no appearances in public or on
television since the operation and no pictures of him in
hospital have been published.
Cairo`s stock market lost ground yesterday, with brokers
citing uncertainty about the health of the country`s leader
who has been in power for 29 years and has handed over the
reins temporarily to his Prime Minister Ahmed Nazif.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city