Mubarak recovering well after surgery: German hospital
Berlin: Egypt`s President Hosni Mubarak, who
underwent surgery in a German hospital 10 days ago, is
recovering well and is able to walk and eat, a hospital
spokeswoman said on Tuesday.
Mubaral, 81, had his gall bladder and a growth removed
from his small intestine in an operation at the University of
Heidelberg hospital on March 6.
"He is well. He can walk and is receiving a light diet,"
said the spokeswoman without indicating when he would be
discharged and able to return to Cairo.
According to a health statement released by Egyptian
authorities in Cairo on Thursday, tests following surgery
showed no cancer and that "tissue removed during the surgery
Mubarak left intensive care on Wednesday for a normal
hospital room, the statement added.
The president has made no appearances in public or on
television since the operation and no pictures of him in
hospital have been published.
Cairo`s stock market lost ground yesterday, with brokers
citing uncertainty about the health of the country`s leader
who has been in power for 29 years and has handed over the
reins temporarily to his Prime Minister Ahmed Nazif.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police