Mubarak sons` detention extended for another 15 days
Cairo: The detention of of Alaa and Gamal, sons of the deposed Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak, has been extended for another 15 days for further questioning on
corruption charges, officials said on Monday.
The state prosecutor ordered the extension of the detention of Alaa and Gamal for 15 more days.
The two were first remanded into custody on April 13 along with their father, who is suspected of involvement in the deaths of anti-regime protesters.
Mubarak, who reportedly suffered a heart attack during
an interrogation, is under arrest in a hospital room in the
Red Sea resort town of Sharm el-Sheikh, while Alaa and Gamal
are in the capital`s Tora prison.
A team from the attorney general office headed to the
Tora prison to resume investigations with Alaa and Gamal in
the presence of their lawyers, said Counselor Adel el-Saeed,
an assistant to the attorney general and spokesman for the
The two were being questioned regarding the prices of
their real estate, lands and their role in intervening in the
program of settling Egypt`s debts, as well as commissions on a
gas deal with Israel and their roles in mandatory partnerships
with foreign companies in Egypt.
They were also being asked about "their role in
privatization and evaluation of private shares and selling
them," he said.
The public prosecution will continue its probe and
will announce the findings when reached, he noted.
Mubarak was forced out of power on February 11 after a
18-day popular uprising against his three-decade-long
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says