Mubarak sons` detention extended for another 15 days
Cairo: The detention of of Alaa and Gamal, sons of the deposed Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak, has been extended for another 15 days for further questioning on
corruption charges, officials said on Monday.
The state prosecutor ordered the extension of the detention of Alaa and Gamal for 15 more days.
The two were first remanded into custody on April 13 along with their father, who is suspected of involvement in the deaths of anti-regime protesters.
Mubarak, who reportedly suffered a heart attack during
an interrogation, is under arrest in a hospital room in the
Red Sea resort town of Sharm el-Sheikh, while Alaa and Gamal
are in the capital`s Tora prison.
A team from the attorney general office headed to the
Tora prison to resume investigations with Alaa and Gamal in
the presence of their lawyers, said Counselor Adel el-Saeed,
an assistant to the attorney general and spokesman for the
The two were being questioned regarding the prices of
their real estate, lands and their role in intervening in the
program of settling Egypt`s debts, as well as commissions on a
gas deal with Israel and their roles in mandatory partnerships
with foreign companies in Egypt.
They were also being asked about "their role in
privatization and evaluation of private shares and selling
them," he said.
The public prosecution will continue its probe and
will announce the findings when reached, he noted.
Mubarak was forced out of power on February 11 after a
18-day popular uprising against his three-decade-long
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM