Mubarak sons to face fresh trial on July 9
Cairo: Ousted Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak`s sons will face a new trial on July 9 on insider trading charges after being acquitted by another court in a separate graft case, state media reported on Tuesday.
Alaa and Gamal Mubarak, who are being held in prison pending trial, were acquitted from another case on corruption and influence peddling along with their 84-year-old father this month.
The brothers are accused of insider trading in Egypt`s stock market along with seven others, MENA news agency reported.
The sons along with seven other persons are in provisional detention pending their trial for illegally obtaining around 2.51 billion Egyptian pounds from the sale of the National Bank of Egypt (NBE), a statement by Assistant Prosecutor General Counsellor Adel el-Saeed had earlier said.
Gamal was the head of a powerful policy committee under Mubarak`s rule and was widely seen as the heir apparent.
Alaa, was suspected to have amassed wealth using his father`s influence.
Mubarak was sentenced to life imprisonment on June 2 for complicity in the killing of protesters to his 30-year rule.
Mubarak`s health deteriorated further as he was slipping in and out of coma yesterday in a prison hospital and was at risk of suffering a stroke any time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof