Mubarak wants to die in Egypt: Report
Cairo: Long time Egyptian President Hosni
Mubarak, who was toppled in a popular uprising last week,
wants to die in the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh where he
has been living since his ouster, a report said on Wednesday.
82-year-old Mubarak, who is suffering from health
problems, turned down Saudi Arabia`s offer to visit the
kingdom, saying he was determined to see out his days in
Egypt, Al Arabiya quoted a Saudi official as saying.
"He is not dead but is not doing well at all and
refuses to leave. Basically, he has given up and wants to die
in Sharm," said the Saudi official on condition of anonymity.
Official confirmation could not immediately be
obtained from the Saudi government.
In his last speech on state TV, Mubarak said he would
not flee from the his country and vowed to die in Egypt.
A number of Egyptian newspapers on Monday reported
that Mubarak went into a full coma on Saturday night at his
Sharm al-Sheikh residence.
Egyptian daily `Al-Masry Al-Youm` reported that soon
after moving to the resort, Mubarak who ruled Egypt for 30
years was gravely ill and slipped into a coma.
But an pro-government newspaper denied the report but
said the leader was in severe psychological condition and was
The Egyptian President had been in Germany for gall
bladder treatment month`s before the protest against him
Britain`s `Daily Telegraph` quoting witnesses at the
resort said, that the former President may be suffering from
Mubarak spent more and more time at his residence in
Sharm el-Sheikh near the end of his time as leader, retreating
to the clean air and sea breeze to recover from ailments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama